Sunday, January 13, 2013

Berkeley and Monterey Bay


Karin and Rohit
I am averaging about a post every 6 months which is ridiculous and I still have not come up with a credible excuse as to why that is the case!
Last summer, Rohit and I visited Karin in Berkeley and drove down to Monterey Bay as well. Can I just say the West coast is stunning. Its beautiful, the weather is perfect and the people are so happy. I love living in NY but if I had to move to another city in the States - hands down SFO would be it!
Below are some pics from our short 3 day vacation, if you'd like to see.
 


Our first stop was the Muir Woods National Park. I am constantly impressed with the diverse topography and flora in the US and Muir Woods are a perfect example of that.

Sisters from the same mister! (Ignore me.)






So majestic! Aren't trees the best?

GPOR :)
En route to Monterey on Karin's reccomendation we stopped by at Half Moon Bay for a late lunch. I would recommend it - both the lunch and the view!




These two could be twins!

At our hotel in Monterey

Harbor Seals! I love the one scratching its ear (?)


On the way to Big Sur - literally every bend had a picturesque view!




Waterfall at Big Sur

:)



On the way back we stopped at Ventana for a quick bite. The Hummus was to.die.for.

 

Steinbeck's town


Music on the patio at First Awakenings with Ellie the sweet rescue




Ha!


Just a cat in a window!


Beautiful Berkeley
We had a lovely time and I cannot wait to return!

No comments: