Wednesday, December 1, 2010

An Anniversary marked by Paper (Part I)

Finally (!) there's an interesting reason I've been absent from this blog (aside from the work-has-been-killing-me) - It was our First Anniversary last week! (*drum roll!)
Side Note: I cannot believe its been a whole year, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,760 hours ... you get my point! It truly feels like we just got married.

Traditionally, the gift for a First Anniversary is Paper.
Rohit's gift to me us were tickets to Puerto Rico! I know, I know I am a lucky girl.


We stayed at the El Convento in Old San Juan; the city is unbelievably charming with some of the loveliest people I've ever met. Most of the "must-see" places were within walking distance of our hotel (Tangent: Rohit and I love to walk, we feel that we can explore and really experience a city so much better that way) and the weather was perfect.
Our Hotel 

Our charming room
We did our own little walking tour around the city and my favorite place has to be the Fort San Felipe del Morro. I know I say this often, but it was so majestic that it really took my breath away. On the last day, Rohit and I spent a couple of hours just walking around the fort, its lawns and sitting on the ramparts enjoying the beautiful view and soft breeze.
EL Morro
 

San Cristobal
We took a trip to the El Yunque Rain forest and trekked to the la Mina waterfall. While we unfortunately did not see any animals (save for the odd lizard and snail) it was just amazing to be walking through it.



We also managed a trip to the Camuy Limestone Caves and I am so glad we did. I am at a complete loss for words to describe the experience which was almost magical.



The island reminded me a lot of the Andaman & Nicobar Islands in India which has a similar cocktail of lush greenery with those deep blue seas, old structures and lovely people.
We had an amazing celebration for our first year and I'm looking forward to our second (and third and fourth and fiftieth!)

No comments: