Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Impersonating Place mat

In December last year, my sister and I were in Crate and Barrel shopping for some accessories for the house. I was looking for some cushion covers and our eyes were immediately drawn to what we thought were cushion covers but were actually place mats! I loved the colors and we quickly realized that with some rudimentary stitching and cushion inserts they could be cushion covers!
I don't think its an original idea because after a little googling I found that a lot of people had had the same idea - but its still a good one!
I think at some point I will replace the stitching with zippers so that the cushion covers are easily removable and washable.

Original Crate & Barrel place mat
Opening the seam of the place mat
Ta Da! The covers are in desperate need of an iron but I really wanted to get this post out!

No comments: