I saw this recipe on the Food Network and couldn't wait to try it out.
|Pic via Food Network|
Freshly ground pepper
6 Portobello Caps
2 tbps Mashed Garlic
2 cups Spring Mix Greens
3 tbps Olive Oil
6 Mini burger buns
For the Salsa:
Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 Red Onion
8 Plum Tomatoes
Red vine vinegar
2 Grilled red peppers
1) Remove gills and stem from mushroom gently with a spoon (The gills are an inky black and could stain your clothes, so be careful. Also, the mushrooms are delicate and can break easily - which you want to avoid). In a bowl mix the mushrooms with 2 tbps garlic, 1 tbps salt and 1 tbps pepper and 3 tbps olive oil. Grill for about 8 minutes, till mushrooms are cooked.
For the Salsa.
2) Remove the skin from the grilled red peppers and chop.
3) Dice the Red onion into tiny pieces.
4) Seed and dice the Plum tomatoes.
5) Mix the peppers, onions and tomatoes with 1/3 cup of red vine vinegar, fresh oregano and 2 tbps of crumbled feta cheese
6) Layer your burger with the Greens and Salsa and add one large grilled Portobello cap to each.
7) That's it, you're done!
Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of our burgers, we polished them off too quickly!