For the party last weekend, I made some Deviled Eggs and Tomato Basil Crostinis as appetizers. Here are my so-simple-if-I-can-do-it-anyone-can recipes.
4 tbps Mayonnaise
1 1/2 tbps Mustard
1 tbps Garlic powder
1 tbps Dill
4 tbps Finely chopped Green Onions
1) Hard boil the eggs; peel and cut them lengthwise
2) Remove the yolk and mash well with a fork. Add in the mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder, finely chopped green onions and mix well. You can taste it and see if you need to add any more salt, but often the mayo and mustard have enough salt for the dish.
3) Scoop the mixture back into each half of the egg white. I use a tiny spoon, but you can use an icing cone to make it look prettier.
4) Sprinkle paprika on top and cover with a plastic wrap; refrigerate till you are ready to serve. It ought to stay up to a day in the fridge.
Easy breezy! :)
Tomato Basil Crostini
1 French Loaf
2 Fresh Plum Tomatoes
A few leaves of Fresh Basil
1 Crushed Garlic
Freshly Ground Pepper
1) Slice your french loaf into small bite size pieces
2) If you are using butter melt it in a bowl, else put some of your olive oil in a bowl and add the crushed garlic to it. Take a pastry brush and spread the mixture on each slice of the bread.
3) Cover the slices with foil and bake in the oven at about 300 F for 20 minutes.
4) In the meantime, chop fresh tomatoes and basil.
5) Once the bread is baked, place the tomatoes with a little salt and pepper and some fresh basil on each baked slice and serve immediately :)