Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Our Weekend: Friends, Facebook and Freakonomics

We had a packed weekend which included a dinner at home for 18 (!) of our friends, the Facebook Movie and a lovely relaxed Sunday night with take out, close friends and watching Freakonomics curled up on the couch.

So Friday night, we went for The Social Network - I'm going to write a more detailed opinion later but I thought it was really good and kept me engrossed through the entire two hours.
Saturday night we hosted a party and it was so much fun just talking about everything and anything from the Commonwealth Games, the upcoming elections, a recent proposal, two weddings and the upcoming bachelor and bachelorette parties!




Sunday night we saw Freakonomics, the movie based on the best selling book. I liked the movie mostly and thought it was in parts smart, funny and sensitive but at times it fell a little flat. However, I watched it in great company so the conversation that followed made up for any parts that left me a little disappointed.


We had such a lovely couple of days, I was actually a little sad when Sunday ended. Hope you had a wonderful weekend as well!

No comments: