Friday, January 14, 2011

A Year in Photographs: Day 14

January 14, 2011


Thanks to Rohit's boss, we went to see a fabulous performance by a Rajasthani Troupe (Desert Caravan) at the Symphony Space tonight. We had great front row seats (I don't think I have sat in the 3rd row for a long time, unless you count all the really popular movies that we decide to go to the day they release!) and it was a perfect Friday evening. 

One of my father's favorite folk songs is Pallu Latke and when I saw it on the program at No. 9, I could barely sit still in my seat till it began. The performances energized me after a long week and put a BIG smile on my face and a song in my heart!  

All the songs the artists sung and the accompanying dances were so much fun and I haven't missed home as much as I do now for a long time.

No comments: